Taxseer2290 is excited to unveil the next generation form 2290 online filing solution with the new advanced features and the vastly improved Excel bulk upload option to provide an easy, safe, and guided form 2290 e-file option to the tax professionals and truck owners. Taxseer2290 has been developed with efficiency, security, usability, & cost effectiveness in mind so that it really works in the self-service model where the users can perform the online form 2290 filing with minimal support from our US-based support staff.
With the next generation form 2290 online solution, you’ll perform the following step-by-step guided filing to complete and submit the form 2290 filing and receive the IRS stamped proof of payment (Schedule 1) within 5 minutes:
1. Create a free account with Taxseer2290.com
Create a free account on www.Taxseer2290.com by just providing your email address, name and password. It takes just less than a minute to sign up and then you are ready to start filing.
2. Enter the business information
The user is required to provide the business details of the organization filing the Form 2290 or Form 8849 returns. You’ll need the Employer Identification Number (EIN), Business Name, and Business Address.
3. Enter the vehicle’s VIN and Gross Weight
Taxseer2290 very smartly handles the filing of taxable, tax-suspended and credit vehicles in the step by step process and calculates the total taxes for the taxable vehicles and adjusts the credit amount for the credit vehicles. If the credit amount in the form 2290 is more than the tax amount owed then the system automatically files form 8849 – Schedule 6 to claim credit for the balance amount. The following section provides details about the vehicle types involved with the form 2290 filing:
- Taxable Vehicle – If you drive the vehicle more than 5000 miles (7500 miles for agricultural vehicle) during the tax year then file the vehicle as a taxable vehicle. IRS provides the rate table based on the vehicle gross weight starting with 55,000 pounds (Category A) and ending with the 75,000 pounds and above (Category-V) and the Taxseer2290 system automatically calculates the IRS payment based on the entered gross weight and the first used month of the vehicle.
- Tax-Suspended Vehicle – If the total mileage on the vehicle is less than 5000 miles (7500 miles for agricultural vehicle) during the tax year then the filing should performed under the tax-suspended vehicle (W) category. Though there is no tax imposed on the suspended vehicle but the form 2290 filing should to be performed every year.
- Credit Vehicle – If you have to report about the vehicles that were destroyed / damaged / stolen and want to claim credit for the taxes already paid for these vehicles then you can enter those vehicles under the credit vehicle option. You can also include vehicles for credit that were reported under taxable vehicle in the previous tax year but the mileage did not exceed beyond the 5000 miles (7500 miles for agricultural vehicles).
4. Complete the IRS payment option
While filing your truck taxes, you can select from any of the four payment options for HVUT payment that you owe to the IRS:
- Electronic Fund Withdrawal (EFW): This is the most widely used payment option by HVUT filers where they provide their bank checking/saving account number and the routing number. Taxseer2290 passes the bank account information to the IRS system and the tax amount is directly debited from the provided account.
- Electronic federal tax payment system (EFTPS): To use the EFTPS option during the HVUT Form 2290 e-filing, the user just need to select the EFTPS payment option and accept the responsibility to pay timely through EFTPS account. There is no more information required to be entered on the Taxseer2290 site for EFTPS payment. The user can submit the Form 2290 e-file order on Taxseer2290 and instantly receive the Schedule 1. The user then needs to go to the www.eftps.gov site and log on to the EFTPS account and pay the HVUT tax amount. IRS system will be able to link the payment with the Form 2290 filing based on the EIN.
- Check/Money order: You can e-file form 2290 and send payment by check or money order. Make sure to print your completed form 2290 from the Taxseer2290 site and cut the voucher in the bottom of the document and send it to the IRS along with the signed check.
- Credit/Debit card payment: You can also pay the HVUT that you owe to the IRS through the debit/credit card. However, it is important to note that there is a service charge associated with the debit/credit card use as well as the actual payment is done on the IRS site. Taxseer2290 prompts the IRS payment instructions on the screen during filing as well as the same instruction is also mailed to the registered user as soon as the order is submitted on the site.
5. Pay & submit the filing
You can make payment of our service charge through Credit Card and submit the filing. We don’t provide refund after the order is submitted and the Schedule 1 received.
6. Receive the IRS stamped schedule 1 within 5 minutes
Taxseer2290 will immediately submit the form 2290 e-file data to the IRS system and get the IRS stamped schedule 1 within 5 minutes. The schedule 1 is immediately emailed to the user’s registered email address and it can also be downloaded from the site.
And that’s it! Easy and real self-service, right? As part of our commitment to make e-filing convenient, we are available via phone at (240) 780-6153 or via email at email@example.com. Contact us today for help getting started!
Taxseer2290 is a leading IRS-authorized e-file service provider offering you the best cloud-based solutions to perform online filings of form 2290, form 8849 (Schedule 6 – Other Claims), and form 2290 Amendments.