Taxseer2290 is offering pre-filing of Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) form 2290 for the tax year 2018-19 during the month of June 2018. For the whole month, you can pre-file your HVUT renewal for the tax year 2018-19 with a simple click on the Copy Filing option if you have filed earlier with us. If you are a first time user on Taxseer2290.com then you can pre-file using the simple steps mentioned below. The actual filing with the IRS starts only after 1st July 2018 and so the Schedule 1 for the pre-filings will be mailed automatically after that. If you use the direct debit option for the HVUT payment then the actual debit from your bank account will also take place when the actual filing with the IRS is done.
Taxseer2290 provides a very user-friendly e-filing solution driven by the wizard to guide users step-by-step to complete and submit the filing. The 10 easy steps to complete and submit the form 2290 e-filing are as follows:
- Sign up with Taxseer2290: Create a free account on www.Taxseer2290.com.
- Enter the business information: The user is required to enter the business details of the organization filing the Form 2290 or Form 8849 returns. The key information required for the business are:
- Business type – Corporation, Estates, Partnerships, Trust and Fiduciaries, Exempt Organization, Inc, LLC, Sole Proprietorship, and Others
- Business Name & Doing Business As (DBA) name
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Business Address
- Contact Information
- Signing Authority details
- Select the form type: Select the HVUT form type “HVUT Form 2290” from the available options
- Enter the start month of filing: Enter the start month as July 2018 if you started operating in or before July 2018.
- Enter Vehicle Information: Taxseer2290 very smartly handles the filing of taxable, suspended and credit vehicles in a step by step process and calculates the total taxes for the taxable vehicles and adjusts the credit amount for the credit vehicles. The following sections provides more details about the criteria to categorize the vehicles into different types:
- Taxable Vehicle – If the total mileage on the vehicle is more than 5000 miles (7500 miles for the agricultural vehicle) during the tax year then the filing has to be done under the taxable vehicle category. IRS categorizes the gross weight categories from 55,000 pounds to 75,000 pounds and above from category A to V and provides the tax rates for each category.
- Suspended Vehicle – If the total mileage on the vehicle is less than 5000 miles (7500 miles for the agricultural vehicle) during the tax year then the filing has to be done under the suspended vehicle (W) category. Though there is no tax imposed on the suspended vehicle but the filing should to be performed every year.
- Credit Vehicle – If you have to report about the vehicles that are destroyed / damaged / stolen and want to claim credit for the taxes already paid for these vehicles then you can enter those vehicles under this option. You can also include vehicles for credit that were reported under the taxable vehicle in the previous tax year but the mileage did not exceed beyond the 5000 miles (7500 miles for agricultural vehicles).
- Enter IRS Payment Option: While filing your truck taxes, you can select from any of the three payment options for HVUT payment:
- Direct debit from the checking/saving account: This is the most widely used payment option by HVUT filers by providing their bank checking/saving account number and the routing number.
- Electronic federal tax payment system (EFTPS): To use the EFTPS option during HVUT Form 2290 e-filing, the user just needs to select the EFTPS payment option and confirm that he will be responsible to pay timely through EFTPS account. The user then needs to go to the eftps.gov site and log on to the EFTPS account and pay the HVUT tax amount.
- Check or money order: You can e-file form 2290 and send payment by check or money order. Make sure to print your completed form 2290 from the Taxseer2290 site and cut the voucher in the bottom of the document and send it to the IRS along with the signed check.
- Consent to disclosure: Provide your consent to IRS to disclose information about your payment of HVUT for the tax period to the other federal agencies.
- Third Party Designee: If you want to designate an employee of your business, a return preparer, or other third party to discuss your Form 2290 e-filing with the IRS then it can be done here.
- Review the filing: We provide the summary of the filing and you have the last chance to make any changes to your filing before it is submitted for e-filing.
- Make Payment: You can make payment of our service charge through Credit Card and submit the filing.
- Download the Documents: The completed form 2290 and the IRS Stamped Schedule 1 can be downloaded from the download option provided on the Taxseer2290 site. Alternatively, the Schedule 1 is emailed to the registered email address of the user.
Taxseer2290 is a leading IRS-authorized e-file service provider offering you the best cloud-based solutions to perform online filings of form 2290, form 8849 (Claim Credits for overpayments), and form 2290 Amendments. As part of our commitment to make e-filing easy and convenient, we are always available and you can contact us over the phone at 240.780.6153. You can also reach us via live chat or email us at email@example.com.